Friday, August 26, 2011

Burning Summer Days, A Treasury

So I am sitting here reading and I hear a ding. Email.

(Clicking on any image or link will whisk you directly to the shop or the listing)

My Inbox has an Etsy convo in it from a name I don’t recognize as one of my peeps, so I opened it and immediately saw the words “in my Treasury,” and I thought to myself “Oh Boy! A Treasury! Let’s see what item it is….”
I looked up and I saw the Convo title saying that my Earth Element Breakaway lanyard has been included in Kathy Lycka’s Treasury aptly named: Burning Summer Days.




I clicked the link and there I was at her HOT Treasury!




Burning Summer Days Treasury


And Hot, It is burning!!!! (I wonder what it takes to be white hot) What Kathy probably doesn’t know is that these are some of my favorite colors. Red, orange, yellow, clear (or white), with black: colors of flame.

Her beautiful Treasury is all that and more. There is a wonderful blend of yellow, orange, red, white and black, enough to inspire even the sleepiest on an evening as late as this.


I had to get out and unroll my Magic Carpet because it’s off to Long Island, NY, to track down these pretties, and the first place in Kathy’s Treasury that my eyes fixed upon as always: was jewelry; and a necklace made from one of my favorite stones, the chalcedonies. I love the shade of the chalcedonies we see these days. I remember back when most of the chalcedony was pale blue, lilac, and lavender, but today they come in just about any color, which of course makes me very happy.

~~~o~~~



Fire and Sun Chalcedony Necklace


“Fire and Sun” is the name of this pretty necklace made by Etsy shop: MeSheDesigns. Shelley of MeShe Designs presents a very good display of the warm yellow to red palette, each teardrop carefully wire wrapped all in oxidized silver, a great combination of cool metals and warm stones, two opposites yet held together as one. I love this necklace! Shelley also has other beautiful jewelry at her shop. I saw some tensha bead earrings, beer quartz earrings and some very nice Bridal Inspired jewelry.

~~~o~~~


The next place my eyes rested upon was this beautiful fabric that almost reminded me of the Colorado River and some of the narrow canyons that have rocks of this shade.
Just the fact that a piece of silk has the power to catapault my mind’s eye to visualize the Colorado River, is enough of a reason to click this image…..
At first when I looked at this silk it could have been an art exhibit, a fibre art affair, a textile-o-phile’s dream come true.

Hello, My name is Carol. I am a textilophile.


Twirligig Fire Playsilk & Wand


This is a 'playsilk' and it comes on a wand… hence the wand. It is a cool toy for the child whether the child be 3, or 33. Or even 63!


all ages


I love these silks. I went northward to the shop BeneathTheRowanTree and with this; I suddenly realized that it is going to be a long night because Lori and Andy’s shop is way 'up and over there,' in Northern Ontario, Canada, and that’s a long way from home for me.

I was blown away, by all the color! This family creates some of the most beautiful silk scarves and playsilks in color combinations and designs which at first appeared to me to be a piece of silk only to find that they are capes, dress-ups, scarves and beautiful twirling skirts and more.

So I was just looking around when all of a sudden I stopped dead in my tracks….did I just see a walrus ball? Gnomes, finger puppets and Bessie the cow? And that Tree-o (that’s right a Tree-o, A trio of trees). Well. You’ll just have to look at this pic o pics (tree-os, get it?) that I made because they’re all so cute….(especially that little surprise egg!) and there's way too many to look at. You can't look at just one.

Felties


You know, I haven’t seen a walrus ball for many years now..cough cough…I LOVE IT.
But if you want to see it, you are going to have to look at their “sold items” to find it, because this one is SOLD.


walrus ball

To me.

I used to have this cute little needle felted ewe, then one day I found it desecrated, it had morphed into a ball of felt, it’s head and legs mysteriously disappeared, as though someone licked it to death. Meanwhile, over in the corner sits my fat smug gray cat Banjo, licking dander off her legs.uh-huh.


~~~o~~~

So by now, I am exhausted from all this shopping, and I still plan to stop by Kathy’s Shop: kathylyckastudio on my way home. My eyes are completely focused on the reds, oranges, and the golden yellows of her gorgeous Abstract Textured Orange painting in the Treasury of Burning Summer Days. However, upon reaching her shop, my eyes tumbled right over it, and landed on her Strong Proud Female African Warrior painting. How beautiful is that?

Strong African Female Warrior


Kathy does stained glass prints, my favorites were "Tangled" and another one called "Swaying Tree," both exquisite in the essence of movement even though they are still. I love her use of colors and of lines.

It was time to bring myself home, leaving Calgary, Canada and returning to my own state. I thoroughly enjoyed my mini trip to Canada, via my Magic Carpet that visits Treasuries allowing me to BlogRamble my findings.

Thank you Kathy,
You have introduced me to some wonderful shops in my visit to your Beautiful Burning Summer Days Treasury.

The Fire Within - Moravian Stars


Thanks for visiting my humble blog.

wiresNpliers

No comments: