Saturday, November 23, 2013

Wow, "Look What I Found!" A Perfect Place For The Month of Movember


Here we are again! And this time, it's Movember awareness month!

every image is clickable and most will direct the reader back to the item.
3rd edition: 

I found a new a great shop today, and my first impression was “Waaaa?  I love this!”
This was it:


https://www.etsy.com/shop/FuzzyInk
 I laughed…
And laughing made me feel good.
And feeling good… well… feels good.
 
Need I say more?
 

So I am here at FuzzyInk shop on Etsy for a shout out:  (not that he needs my help, one view at his sales numbers speaks volumes) but perhaps I can make aware, some of my friends and colleagues that might not have a chance to come across this shop in their daily travels, unless someone led or pointed the way...

 
So, think of me as cross promoter/advertiser…call it cross pollinating if you will: our awareness of certain interesting handmade venues that don’t necessarily get a level playing field or a competent theater from which to be seen or heard in this manic big box mall and corporate advertising world.  What we do have though, is each other.  And this is one way we can network ourselves.

But first, I digress.

I had some free time, and any free time I usually have is spent either making jewelry (I can’t stop myself) or doing laundry. I had already turned the laundry on another  trip through the cycle (if the laundry keeps going, I don’t have to face it), and I was contemplating my laptop and the return to more photo editing, while the new images I had just finished shooting were uploading. 

 I have to say right now that I have been done with my Holiday items since mid-October, to make sure I’d have the Holiday season free to enjoy with my family (see Oct 19th post).  But give me free time and what happens? I make more jewelry.  Eye roll.

 And since I now have more jewelry completed, I might as well list it, right? And if I am going to list it, I have to shoot it.  More shooting means more editing, but I am still editing images of the jewelry I made  during the last gap of free time I had, so this pretty much explains not only my next blog post, but also the reason for my afternoon laptop contemplation. 

So I’m dinking around on the laptop and happened to look at my inbox while I was taking a lumbar break from my photography session, and I discovered my valid reason for photo-edus-interruptus.

 I had received my “Etsy for Guys” email (yea, I get those, too) and here was this fantastic mustache T-shirt, with the mustache holding smoking guns.   I laughed out loud in a quiet house, waking the 3  sleeping cats from their afternoon log sawing.

 

 
I unrolled my magic carpet, hopped on and I must have had a tail wind because before I knew it I was arriving at the FuzzyInk shop, run by John Paul, in Silver springs MD.


https://www.etsy.com/shop/FuzzyInk
 

First I am going to say, that this is not just a T shirt shop. FuzzyInk is a mustache shop. Or maybe I should say an apparel, accessory and art shop all in a mustache genre. There are many things here, and most, if not all have mustaches. I will admit to seeing some beautiful Elephant T Shirts that didn’t seem to have any mustaches but the images were very involved and there may have actually been a mustache or two.
Everything I saw had a mustache, including the iPhone cases!  There are different items and styles, and the T Shirts are all hand printed on American Apparel and Next Level shirts.
Uhhh, I even found mustache cookie cutters!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/166002864/movember-moustache-cookie-cutter-set?ref=shop_home_active
 

And then there were the iphone cases…..


https://www.etsy.com/listing/169120560/iphone-4-case-cat-mouse-racing-iphone-4?ref=shop_home_active
@website, this is titled: "Identity Crisis"

https://www.etsy.com/listing/169120560/iphone-4-case-cat-mouse-racing-iphone-4?ref=shop_home_active
Cat/Mouse Race
And there's even artwork, and even some novelty “plush” mustaches!  Oooh plushies…. I think I’d look good in the red mustache and it would be a great New Year’s Eve, ice breaker….. (oh,  the thoughts and images it brings to mind).

Being a hairdresser myself, I was especially drawn to the Barbershop Quartet T shirt,

https://www.etsy.com/listing/166556367/barbershop-quartet-t-shirt-mens-shirt
 

And being that I am also an avid orchid grower, I enjoyed John Paul’s  Grow your Mo T Shirt with a picture of a flower pot and a growing mustache.  I love this.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/167699124/moustache-t-shirt-mens-mustache-shirt?ref=shop_home_active
 
And then, as I sat there chuckling, I turned my head slightly to the right, and there it was,  I got a glimpse  from the corner of my eye.  Slowly I turned my head until I was at full face looking at it……….Right over there, and it was looking back at me.
 
T. Rex!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/125469118/trex-mustache-tshirt-mens-cool-dinosaur?ref=shop_home_active
 

Anyone who knows me well, knows how I love the Tyrannosaurus Rex with his good-for-nothing flimsy little arms that are perfect for plucking ripened papayas from low branches, and/or scratching a nearby itch (it’s no wonder they were angry all the time what with those little hands and baby elbows).  Either way I love ‘em.  Just wouldn’t want to meet one wandering around while driving down the freeway. 


Another thing I found at the FuzzyInk shop was a schedule of markets so that shoppers can experience the mustaches first hand and not through a keyboard and series of servers.. Look at this:

upcoming markets
 

When you travel to FuzzyInk, if you click this button that says:  upcoming local markets you will find a schedule of markets (including maps to get there) where John Paul will be physically selling his Mustaches.  It’s a physical thing!  If you live in the area and want to physically shop; well there you go! Easy peasy.

 
~*~*~*~



And now for the feature item (from the top of this post) The Mustache Shirt.

Look at this T Shirt…..  Oh, my mind is full of great ideas when I think about wearing this T Shirt…..Oh yes…



https://www.etsy.com/listing/152498093/moustache-shirt-mustache-guns-tshirt

From the Listing:   Truth be told, guns don't kill people, gun-wielding mustaches kill people...put 'em up

Thanks to my Etsy Guy emailer, my attention was harnessed and I was virtually introduced to FuzzyInk, and his Mustache T shirt’s, et al.

Well, since FuzzyInk is located on the right coast and I am located on the left coast, I think it is time for me to travel westward, before it gets any later. I don’t like flying through frozen fog, and it is 28° at home and feels the same here, so I think it is time to go.
 

Thank you John Paul for an enchanting visit to FuzzyInk in the land of Mustaches! It is my hope that a lot my friends that are looking for the perfect gifts to give for the Holiday Season will be coming to visit your shop. And lastly I will say this, no offence to John Paul, but I hope I don’t grow a mustache, it’s hard enough keeping up the with the errant new hairs that keep showing up, one thing I don’t need it a herd of them all together in one spot (on my upper lip).  But I will keep in mind the plushie mustaches. ...And, I do like that  titian mustache.
 
 
 

wiresNpliers

 

No comments: